Do you love nature? Do you enjoy engaging with people? If so, you’d make a great canvasser for the Ancient Forest Alliance, the main non-profit organization in BC dedicated solely to protecting endangered old-growth forests across the province.
As a canvasser, you’ll help build the support base we need to run our vital campaigns while raising awareness about the threats facing ancient forests and the need to transition to a sustainable, second-growth forest industry. Most importantly, you’ll help empower British Columbians to use their voices to become ancient forest defenders.
You’ll also gain invaluable skills like communication, leadership, and organization, just to name a few.
- Learn about endangered old-growth forests and our campaigns to protect them.
- Take part in field trips to old-growth forests on southern Vancouver Island.
- Develop valuable community outreach and verbal communication skills that can be transferred to a multitude of career paths.
- Work with a fun, supportive team of like-minded environmentalists.
- Flexible schedule.
- Paid training, followed by performance-based income.
- No fundraising experience is necessary, but customer service experience is an asset.
- Canvassing takes place Mon-Thurs, 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm in Victoria, Oak Bay, Central and South Saanich.
Join our Tree Team today and help us ensure endangered old-growth forests get the protection they deserve!
To apply, complete our online application form
Note: COVID-19 protocols are in place to keep both our canvassers and supporters healthy and safe.