Are you passionate about protecting BC’s wild places? Do you want to educate others on one of the most critical environmental issues of our generation? Do you enjoy self-directed work and flexible hours? Join the Ancient Forest Alliance’s team of passionate and engaged individuals, working to protect BC’s endangered old-growth forests!
We are seeking natural leaders and confident communicators to drive the AFA’s fundraising and awareness raising efforts in the Lower Mainland and Victoria.
The Ancient Forest Alliance is BC’s foremost non-profit focused solely on old-growth forest protection. Built on grassroots outreach and fundraising, we rely on stellar fundraisers to sustain our campaigns and have a strong track record of success over our eight-year history as a result. We have successfully campaigned to protect outstanding old-growth forests like Avatar Grove near Port Renfrew and Echo Lake near Mission and have reached tens of thousands of British Columbians through our outreach efforts. With a new BC government in place, our sights are now set on achieving province-wide legislation to protect old-growth forests and achieve a sustainable second-growth forestry industry.
We’re seeking door and event canvassers to help put us on the path to success!
Available positions: Door-to-door Fundraisers in Vancouver and Victoria
What it entails:
- Engaging residents of southwest BC (mainly in the Greater Vancouver area) and Victoria every day at their doors or where they shop.
- Individual and team training for outreach and fundraising.
- A flexible schedule you can easily fit in your week.
- Making it count: 4hr to 5hr shifts starting at 5pm on weekdays with options for weekend afternoon shifts, minimum 2/week
- We do fun trips to the Gulf Islands, Sunshine Coast, Whistler and more!
- Regular briefings with campaigners from the Ancient Forest Alliance to stay on top of campaign activities and successes.
We’re seeking applicants who:
- Work well in a team and are keen to contribute and learn from our expert crew.
- Are passionate about protecting BC’s endangered old-growth forests and the species that depend on them.
- Have sales, communications, or community engagement experience.
- Enjoy building and nurturing relationships with donors and supporters.
- Are interested in learning about environmental policy, ecology, and campaigning.
- Are independently-minded and self-driven to achieve success.
- Communicate well in English.
No fundraising experience necessary!
If you are seeking rewarding work that allows you to demonstrate your passion for the environment while meeting like-minded people, JOIN US in saving BC’s old-growth forests.
As you learn with the team and become briefed on current campaigns, you will grow to become environmental leaders and organizers. Create positive change for the environment, our communities, our economy and – most of all – for our planet’s future.
APPLY to the Ancient Forest Alliance today and help to SAVE OUR SPECTACULAR OLD-GROWTH FORESTS.
MAY THE FOREST BE WITH YOU!