The Ancient Forest Alliance is hiring a full-time Canvass Director to manage a Vancouver-based team of door-to-door canvassers and assist in additional fundraising initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, train, and manage canvassers to enlist new AFA donors and supporters.
- Lead by example, canvassing at least three days per week (regular canvassing activities occur evenings from Monday through Thursday).
- Store and coordinate canvassing supplies, such as educational materials and tabling supplies.
- Coordinate at least one additional fundraising initiative per month through partners such as small businesses, musicians, artists, and other organizations.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner.
- Reports to the Executive Director, Forest Campaigner and Administrative Director.
- Strongly dedicated to the protection of nature, old-growth forests, and sustainable forestry jobs in BC.
- Supports the Ancient Forest Alliance and its mandate.
- Has own vehicle that can be used to transport canvassers and canvassing materials (expenses will be reimbursed).
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Highly organized.
- Consistently strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated, but also able to take direction.
- Good judge of character, capable of recruiting skilled canvassers to act as AFA ambassadors.
- Basic math and accounting skills.
- Former canvassing or sales experience an asset.
Application Deadline: Sunday, February 11, 2018
Position Begins: Monday, February 26, 2018
Please send your resume and a brief covering letter to Joan Varley, Administrative Director, at [email protected].